A proposed shopping center with a Bashas' grocery store in northwest Cottonwood will be the subject of a public hearing at the Cottonwood Planning and Zoning Commission meeting at 6 p.m. Aug. 20.
The meeting will take place in the Cottonwood Civic Center, 805 N. Main St.
The approximately 144-acre site is along Arizona 89A, from south of Verde Heights Drive to approximately one-third of a mile north of Groseta Ranch Road.
Kurt Reed and Associates, representing Andy Groseta, is requesting a general plan amendment to allow increased density of commercial and multi-family development, with open space, park area and trails.
Currently designated in the General Plan as Residential/Mixed Use, or residential uses and neighborhood commercial development, the proposed Groseta Ranch Master Plan would change the zoning from a light-commercial, single- and multi-family zone to a planned-unit-development (PUD) zone.
The mixed-use, multi-phase development would comprise approximately 53 acres for commercial and retail uses, 35 acres for multi-family residential uses, 9 acres for a business park, and 18 acres of park, open space and trails.
The remaining 29 acres would be used for interior collector-street rights of way, including realignment of Black Hills Drive.
The first phase, at the northeast corner of Verde Heights Drive and Arizona 89A, would include a 54,000-square-foot Bashas' grocery store, with an additional 44,000 square feet of retail and commercial space on approximately 11 acres.
Commissioners also will consider two other requests, each for a conditional-use permit:
• By Deborah Ciucki for an existing accessory structure to be used as a temporary residence at 152 S. 12th St., in an R-1 – or single-family residential – zone.
• By Rudy Stadelman for a two-bedroom apartment on the second floor of a two-story office building at 723 Cove Parkway, in a C-1 – or light commercial – zone.
The commissioners also will elect officers and receive informational reports and updates during the meeting.
Materials regarding all these requests are available for review 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Cottonwood Planning and Building Department, 821 N. Main St., or call (928) 634-5505.
More like this story
- Commissioners to revisit Bashas' Center proposalProposed rooming house, day care also on agenda
- Proposed Bashas' shopping center hits snag<br>Neighborhood group offers a possible counter-plan
- Commissioners approve Bashas' Center proposal<br>'You have alternatives,' commissioners tell opponents
- Meeting Wednesday to hear Groseta development plans<br>New Bashas' part of proposal<br>
- Council hears revisions on Bashas’ Center<br>Neighbors still opposed to store location