Three suspects are in custody following a drive-by shooting in Verde Village Thursday.
Shortly after midnight, the Yavapai County Sheriff's Office received a report of shots fired at a residence at 1810 Donner Trail behind Mingus Union High School.
When deputies arrived, they found a 22-year-old white male dead inside the residence. He was identified as Richard Allen Lefor Jr. He died from one gunshot wound, according to a Sheriff's Office investigator.
Thursday afternoon, the sheriff's office reported that it had three suspects in custody, but no names were released. Two of the suspects were apprehended and questioned in Cottonwood directly following the incident. The third suspect turned himself in to the Glendale Police Department.
More like this story
- Suspects identified in shooting death of Lefor
- Deputies rescue victim during stabbing
- Aaron Martin, 20, arrested in connection with alleged drive-by shooting in Verde Village
- 'Road rage' hits Verde Valley streets twice in two days
- Deputies net drugs, cash, car in bust<br><i>Three arrested at Verde Village house</i>