Main Street Stampede

Bares, Broncs and Bulls - Timed event rodeo

Camp Verde was full of excitement and bone crushing wrecks at third Annual Main Street Stampede Boots, Broncs, & Bulls - Great American Tour and sanctioned GCPRA.

There were 47 open bull riders,11 bareback riders and 6 saddle bronc riders competing for over $9,000 in prize money.

This year a Grand Canyon Profession Rodeo Association Timed Event rodeo was held at Arena Del Loma as part of the Main Street Stampede. The event was a great success with over 190 contestants entered daily in the timed event rodeo.

The stock was the best in the West supplied by Casper Baca Rodeo Company from Grants, NM. Tim Romero (Alb., NM) was the rodeo announcer. Joe Holgate (Window Rock, AZ) and Jimmy Caldwell (Tucson, AZ) were the judges.

Joe Jim (Gallup, NM), Travis Chavez (Camp Verde) and Steve Strickland (Camp Verde) were the bullfighters. Bob Weir (Camp Verde) was the rodeo clown. Daria Weir (Camp Verde) was secretary and Marlin Parker (Camp Verde) was the arena director.

The event was a great success. Saturday night was a standing room only crowd filled with hilarious entertainment and action packed bull riding. The committee members plan to give 60 percent of the proceeds to the Camp Verde High School Wrestling, Football, Track, Girls Soccer, Cheer and FFA programs and the other 40 percent of the proceeds will be used for the main street beautification. The event was so successful that the committee hopes to make this event an annual one.

The following were the workers and committee members: Louis Rezzonico, Irene Rezzonico, David Rezzonico, Karen Rezzonico, Marlin Parker, Linda Parker, Luke Steege, Vern Johnson, Mary Taylor, Bob Weir, Daria Weir , Charlie Robinson, Betty Weir, Mike Dumas, Linda Moore, Ann Huff, Sharri Bentley, Dick Larson, and the Verde Valley Sheriff Posse.

Comments

Comments are not posted immediately. Submissions must adhere to our Use of Service Terms of Use agreement. Rambling or nonsensical comments may not be posted. Comment submissions may not exceed a 200 word limit, and in order for us to reasonably manage this feature we may limit excessive comment entries.

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.