P.E.O is a philanthropic organization where women celebrate the advancement of women; educate women through scholarships, grants, awards, loans and stewardship of Cottey College; and motivate each other to achieve their highest aspirations.
Sedona's Chapter CM of the P.E.O. sisterhood is sponsoring a Quilt Opportunity Giving event to be held Tuesday, Dec. 11.
You need not be present to win. The quilt was constructed by Deb Wachs, a member of Chapter CM, and donated to the Chapter for its Ways and Means Project for 2007. All proceeds from the event will be used to help educate women.
The quilt measures 84-by-96 inches and the pattern, "Jungle Songs," was created by Laurel Burch who died on Sept. 13, at her home in Novato, Calif. She was 61 and was a well-known artist.
The quilt has been appraised by Eunice M. Hill, of American Quilter's Society, and a registered document is provided to the winner for insurance purposes. Books of 12 tickets (you get two free tickets with each book purchased) are being sold for $10 per book each and can be purchased by calling Gloria Bolte at (928) 204-9068.
More like this story
- Women's group to raffle quilt to aid advancement of women
- Rachel Mulcaire earns P.E.O. Sisterhood grant to complete Yavapai College nursing studies
- Local nursing student earns scholarship
- Program for Continuing Education
- Sedona’s P.E.O. Chapter DO provides financial fuel for Cottonwood student’s nursing education