Another year passes and Sen. John McCain continues to feed his ego and pontificate while Arizona drifts and its people suffer. Mr. McCain should be working to bring home the pork to Arizona and fighting for federal projects to revive our distressed economy and create employment.
For too long Arizonans have looked on as McCain has paraded his conservative views about the country and has seen fit to behave more as a media star rather than a senator concerned with issues that face us on the home front. We want leadership and federal projects to put us back to work, we want a senator who is familiar with the needs of his home state and less of a jet-setting superstar who has relied on his war service to endear himself to our residents.
Sen. McCain needs to stand in line at the VA hospital in Prescott or visit our local VA clinic in Cottonwood to appreciate how meager our local resources are, perhaps he should visit our local D.E.S. office to observe the despair and needs of those on the lowest rung of the economic ladder.
We need you Senator McCain; where are you?
More like this story
- Letter: McCain should bring home the pork
- Senators back plan to let vets seek care elsewhere than troubled VA
- ‘We are a better, stronger country because of him’: Political leaders reflect on Sen. John McCain
- Flake agrees to allow hearing on stalled federal judicial nominees for Arizona
- Agreement on VA bill includes $20 million for Phoenix outpatient clinic