President Obama is contemplating whether or not to send additional troops to Afghanistan. GOP U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell said: “The President needs to make a decision now. He needs to follow the recommendations of his generals. If he does this he will have overwhelming support by the GOP.”
The GOP does believe in something. War. The GOP will say YES to war. War is profitable. The GOP puts profit before people. It will cost approximately $1 million per year for each soldier sent to war in Afghanistan.
Do the math: 1 million times 20,000 additional troops or maybe 30,000 or 40,000 who really knows the final number. But keep in mind these numbers represent real, live, flesh and blood human beings some of whom will die in this war.
The GOP will say YES to war but NO to healthcare reform because it is too expensive. We cannot afford healthcare although 45,000 Americans die every year from lack of healthcare. That death is affordable and preventable, too.
The GOP = Greed Over Principle. The GOP puts profit before people. The GOP will always say YES to war.
More like this story
- Letter: Thanks for trip down fantasy lane, Paul
- Letter: For Obama, it’s only about the redistribution of wealth
- Letter: Let’s give Obama another four years to help our country
- Letter: GOP objects to anything that benefits ordinary working-class Americans
- Letter: GOP intent on choking off any sort of economic recovery