COTTONWOOD -- Cottonwood Police Investigations was advised in mid-February of the alleged sexual molestation of an 11-year-old girl by 54-year-old Stephen Robbins. The state Child Protective Services and Cottonwood Police conducted a joint investigation and interviewed witnesses including Jeanette Robbins, 38.
The investigation found the sexual molestation of the young girl had been ongoing.
Stephen Robbins works as a long haul truck driver out of the area for the next two weeks so a nationwide extradition warrant was issued for his arrest. The El Paso County, Texas, Sheriff's Office Fugitive Task Force assisted in making the arrest on Robbins, and he was booked in Texas, awaiting extradition to the Yavapai County.
Investigators allege that Stephen Robbins had also been having a sexual relationship with another person since December 2009. He has been charged with multiple counts of sexual molestation of a child, continuous sexual abuse of a child, and dangerous crimes against children.
Jeanette Robbins is charged with being an accomplice to sexual molestation of a child and accomplice to continuous sexual abuse of a child.
More like this story
- Bivens faces molestation charges
- Cottonwood man charged with sex with minor
- Verde Lakes man pleads <br>innocent to molestation charges
- Sedona investigation results in felony indictment against couple charge in sexual abuse of 7-year-old girl
- Former Cottonwood resident arrested for child molestation, sexual assault