COTTONWOOD - The Cottonwood Police Criminal Investigations Division received a 20-count indictment from the Yavapai County Grand Jury alleging sex offenses by Christopher William Furey.
Furey, 43, who served as the youth pastor at Emmanuel Fellowship Church in Cottonwood, is charged with having sex with a 16-year-old girl.
The complaint lists numerous felony charges including five counts of sexual conduct with a minor, 11 counts of sexual abuse and four counts of luring a minor for sexual exploitation.
Furey was initially arrested on the charges Aug. 20.
The crimes were alleged to have been committed between June and August 2010.
Furey is currently in custody at the Yavapai County Detention Facility and is held pending a $50,000 bond.
More like this story
- Youth minister in court on child sex charges
- Former youth minister Chris Furey pleads guilty to eight sex crimes
- Sedona investigation results in felony indictment against couple charge in sexual abuse of 7-year-old girl
- Police chief's daughter indicted on sex-with-minor charges
- Minister charged with sex crimes