Back to back Camp Verde wrecks

Two people were transported to the hospital after a two-vehicle collision on State Route 260. Courtesy Camp Verde FD

Two people were transported to the hospital after a two-vehicle collision on State Route 260. Courtesy Camp Verde FD

CAMP VERDE - At mid-afternoon Tuesday, Camp Verde Fire units were called to a two-vehicle collision near milepost 218 on State Route 260. Crews found two vehicles with heavy damage.  The occupants were able to walk around, but two patients were transported to Verde Valley Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.

A two-vehicle rollover accident on the interstate sent two people to the hospital. Camp Verde Fire District rescue units arrived to find a pickup, towing a trailer, was in the median apparently after rolling repeatedly.  The second vehicle, a passenger car, had front-end damage from hitting a guardrail.

The pickup driver was seriously injured and flown to a Phoenix area hospital. A passenger in the pickup was taken by ground ambulance to Verde Valley Medical Center.

The passenger car driver was assessed on scene. DPS is investigating the accident. The accident occurred on I-17 northbound between mileposts 279 and 280.

Ignition ignites mini-van fire

COTTONWOOD - A car fire, Friday, gutted the passenger compartment of an older model mini-van. The fire was reported shortly after 4 p.m. on Sixth Street near the county building, just a block from the Cottonwood Fire Station.

The passenger compartment was fully involved in flames as crews arrived. They used hand lines and extinguished the fire with a foam mix.

The vehicle owner told crews that she was driving when she saw flames in the area of the ignition on the steering column. She said there had been no other symptoms prior to the flames.

The vehicle damage was estimated at $600.

False alarm at Cottonwood Ranch

CLARKDALE - Clarkdale Fire crews were dispatched to the Cottonwood Ranch Clubhouse, shortly after 6 a.m. Wednesday morning as residents were beginning to work out in the exercise area. They smelled smoke, and there was a light haze in the structure. Fire crews checked the building and discovered no apparent fire. It was determined that the building was filled with a haze as newly installed heaters were being used for the first time since their recent installation and the cool morning triggering the thermostat.

Comments

Comments are not posted immediately. Submissions must adhere to our Use of Service Terms of Use agreement. Rambling or nonsensical comments may not be posted. Comment submissions may not exceed a 200 word limit, and in order for us to reasonably manage this feature we may limit excessive comment entries.

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.