VVMC’s Surgical Services offers both inpatient and outpatient procedures. Board-certified surgeons and anesthesiologists, certified nurse anesthetists, registered nurses, endoscopy, specialty technicians and support personnel are specially trained and experienced in all areas of care for surgical patients. Many staff members hold national certifications from their professional organizations.
Approximately 250 surgeries are performed at VVMC each month. Within the hospital are six operating room suites which are specially designed to accommodate the most recent technologies available, including:
• Advanced laparoscopic procedure capability
• Laminar flow method of purified air exchange
• High-definition endoscopic and video-assisted technologies
• Advanced urology surgical procedures
• Advanced endovascular procedures
The Verde Valley Ambulatory Surgery Center, located on the VVMC Cottonwood Campus, has two operating room suites where outpatient day surgery procedures can be performed.
Types of surgeries performed at VVMC include:
Endoscopy: used to diagnosis and treat digestive diseases, the liver, the esophagus, the colon and the lungs
• General surgical procedures
• Gynecological: endometrial ablation (alternative to hysterectomy), incontinence correction, laser surgery for endometriosis
• Interventional pain management
• Laparoscopy: a diagnostic aid or a minimally invasive surgery that is used in abdominal and gynecological surgery
• Ophthalmology: surgical procedures related to the eyes
• Orthopedics: procedures involving injury or disease to the bones or joints including total joint replacement.
• Thoracic: chest procedures, especially lung and esophageal diseases
• Urology: specializing in kidney, urinary system and prostate procedures
• Vascular: diagnosis and treatment of blood vessel disease, repair and injury
To learn more about VVMC’s Surgical Services, visit VerdeValleyMedicalCenter.com/OurServices/SurgicalServices or call 928 639-6144.
Verde Valley Medical Center
Verde Valley Medical Center General Surgeons is a physician group that specializes in all areas of general surgery. The practice is a service of Verde Valley Medical Center. The office is located at a 199 S. Candy Lane, Cottonwood. Appointments can be made by calling 928 649-7969.
VVMC General Surgeons’ physician group includes:
• Hu Blake, M.D.: Dr. Blake joined the VVMC medical staff in 2002. He specializes in all areas of general surgery including minimally invasive and advanced laparoscopic surgery and stereotactic breast biopsy.
• Blair Faulkner, M.D.: Dr. Faulkner joined the VVMC medical staff in 2008. He specializes in all areas of general surgery including minimally invasive, advanced laparoscopic, endoscopic, gastrointestinal and gallbladder surgery.
• Tiffany Reavis, D.O.: Dr. Reavis is the newest member of VVMC General Surgeons, joining the VVMC medical staff in 2012. She specializes in all areas of general surgery.