CORNVILLE -Witnesses say they saw a car speeding, lose control and crash on Cornville Road Saturday night.
Yavapai County Sheriff's deputies were dispatched at 10 p.m. to the accident on Cornville Road near mile marker two. Deputies were shown by witnesses where the car ended up. They found a 25-year-old man, Dawyesva Poseyesva of Cornville, underneath the red vehicle and unresponsive.
EMS personnel arrived on scene and determined Poseyesva was dead.
Witnesses told deputies they had seen the red Volvo sedan, traveling at a high rate of speed east on Cornville Road. The sedan began swerving and eventually crossed the roadway centerline.
The sedan was out of control as it left the roadway and crashed through a barbed wire fence. Witnesses then lost sight of the Volvo and ran to provide help.
They found the sedan about 100 feet off the paved road and saw the man trapped underneath the vehicle. Deputies were on scene within 5 minutes to assist.
The posted speed in the collision area is 35 mph. The speed of this sedan was estimated well in excess of 80 mph. It appears the vehicle overturned at least once and ejected Poseyesva who was not wearing a seatbelt.
More like this story
- Update: Cornville car vs. motorcycle wreck results in serious injuries
- Deputies nab DUI motorcyclist after chase
- Cottonwood DUI suspect arrested in crash that killed his passenger; 5 others injured, 1 severely
- Rollover Closes Cornville Road
- Puppy thrown from car on Cornville Road; $500 reward offered