Certainly disappointed in the Verde Independent. Two news pages relating to AZ Secretary of State, Ken Bennett’s recent “presidential birther” folly is that many pages too much.
Barack Obama is Our President; the majority of American voters placed him in office. I believe he tries to do what he can for our country and us. Does he always do it right? Obviously not -- only office holders in the opposition party do that.
For three and one-half years, he has tried to get us through some quite difficult times. He deserves more of our support and none of the disrespect a man like Ken Bennett throws at him.
So, at this late date in a presidential term, I don’t care if he were born on Mars. It is too late for that ... and for all this birther nonsense.
More like this story
- Editorial: Legislature’s fixation on ‘birther bill’ disappointing
- Letter: Belief in Obama birth certificate naïve
- Letter: Birther nonsense is just that: nonsense
- Editorial: Ken Bennett’s aspirations to serve as governor good news for Arizona
- Commentary: McCain and Lieberman channeling Dick Cheney