COTTONWOOD -- A 21-year-old Cottonwood woman has been arrested on charges of cutting her boyfriend with a kitchen knife. Jania Villalobos is charged with aggravated assault per domestic violence. The alleged assault occurred Saturday just before noon where the couples live on South 12th Street.
The boyfriend told police he got mad because Jania had received a text message from her cousin with whom she had "cheated" before.
According to the police report, he said he followed Jania to her car and he tried to knock on the window, but she did not respond. Jania returned to the house and locked all the doors so he couldn't enter. The boyfriend tried reaching through the back window to open the back door. That's when the woman reportedly hit the boy several times with the knife cutting his index finger.
The boyfriend told police he then called his aunt because he didn't know what to do. The aunt called police to report the assault.
More like this story
- Husband to be sentenced in attempted knife murder of wife
- Clarkdale woman pleads to dangerous weapon assault, avoiding attempted murder trial
- Hodgson pleads not guilty to charges stemming from knife attack on police
- 'Jealous' ex-husband rams woman's car
- Hodgson to consider plea on alleged knife attack on police officers