Thank you Senator McCain for taking a stance for 90 percent of Arizonans who want expanded background checks and against the NRA and the gun manufacturers they represent who want to sell more guns.
It was a courageous act and one that I will remember at the polls. Shame on you Senator Flake for flaking out on the will of the people, your true constituents, in favor of the gun companies whose only desire is to maximize their profits.
You can pretend that existing laws are sufficient if enforced, as reported to me by your staffer, but in fact more than 40 percent of guns sold today are sold online or at gun shows and are exempt from existing laws requiring background checks.
More like this story
- Polls show mixed message on Senator Flake's vote on background checks on guns
- Letter: Time for Senator Flake to take a stand against the NRA
- Senate vote blocks cities from requiring background checks for gun show sales
- Flake plan to raise age limit for long guns leaves both sides unhappy
- Proposal would exempt Arizona-made guns from federal rules, registration