LAKE MONTEZUMA -- A special meeting of the Montezuma-Rimrock Fire Board has been scheduled Monday, Feb. 4.
The meeting is to welcome new chief Terry Keller. Keller will be sworn-in to the chief's position and the chief's badge will be pinned.
The meeting will take place at 6 p.m. at the main fire house on Beaver Creek Road. The public is welcome and encouraged to meet the new chief and be part of the milestone event.
Keller is taking no break. He steps down as assistant chief of the Sedona District Thursday after a full career in the Sedona department. He will have a three-day weekend before starting the new post in Lake Montezuma.
"Working with Terry for the past 10 months has been amazing. We have grown together as a team and flourished as we looked to tackle the issues SFD faces going forward. He has become not only a respected co-worker, but truly a personal friend. I will miss him and our shared vision for effective community services," said Sedona Fire Chief Kris Kazian.
Capt. Dale Duns was appointed interim chief of the department since the retirement of Chief Mike Van Dyke.
More like this story
- Assistant chief in Sedona takes reins of Montezuma-Rimrock Fire District
- Camp Verde taps new fire chief
- Full merger at Copper Canyon Fire and Medical Authority?
- Full merger? Camp Verde, Montezuma-Rimrock fire districts could become Copper Canyon Fire and Medical District
- Fire districts to share chief