For many communities, it’s the annual selection of a “Citizen of the Year.”
For others, they also select an “Organization of the Year.”
In the Verde Valley, we do that and more.
A lot more.
This year’s Verde Pride awards recognize the talents and contributions of eight individuals, businesses and organizations that have raised the bar for the betterment of life here in the Verde Valley.
The annual Verde Pride Awards are a showcase of local residents who are committed to community service and quality of life.
Verde Pride winners for 2013 include:
• Citizen of the Year: Coleen Gilboy
• Educator: Howie Usher
• Youth: Summer Breeze
• Lifetime Achiever: Apache Elder Vincent Randall
• Businessman of the year: Dena Greenwood
• Organization of the year: Trauma Intervention
• Business of the year: KC’s Tae Kwon Do
• VV Tourism Champion: William and Christine Eaton
We are certain that all of the recipients of this year’s Verde Pride awards have much to say about how our community has enriched their lives.
But we are even more certain that the Verde Valley has been enriched because they have chosen this community as their home.
Our hats go off to all of you.
Thank you for your contributions.
Thank you for the fine example you have set for the rest of us.
More like this story
- 2013 Verde Pride honors ‘best of the best’
- 2013 Verde Pride Awards: Coleen Gilboy: Citizen of the Year ‘Her heart is service to this community’
- Letter: Volunteers made Clarkdale Fourth the best-ever
- Mitzvah Day: Many volunteer projects to choose from on Good Deed Day
- Kudos Folk Music Showcase comes to Village Nov. 8