On behalf of the youth of our community, we both want to extend a huge "thank you" to the voters of the local communities who supported budget override continuations for both Cottonwood-Oak Creek and Mingus Union High School districts. Passage of these overrides means many important programs and opportunities for students in both districts will continue.
We will continue to increase collaboration between the districts, including expansion of shared services and shared positions, to ensure that we maximize the benefit of each tax dollar received to best serve the students in our schools. We are very fortunate to live and work in communities that support and value education.
Thank you for your ongoing support.
Ms. Barbara U'Ren, Superintendent
Cottonwood-Oak Creek School District
Dr. Paul Tighe, Superintendent
Mingus Union High School District
More like this story
- School district March 8 override support essential
- School districts ask voters for help<br><i>Officials state their case during Cottonwood forum</i>
- Override ballots to be mailed Oct. 16; voters registration deadline is Oct. 10
- Letter: Voters made wise decision on override vote
- Override Election: Yes-Yes override campaign ‘serving the same students’