The Mingus Marauders Swim Team took over the dinner hour at Vinnie's New York Chefs Pizzeria in Cottonwood for a fundraiser on Tuesday evening that has become an annual event at the restaurant. The swimmers seated guests, waited on tables and even did the dishes during the three-hour benefit. Vinnie's sponsored the night at their new location at Clemenceau Plaza on the corner of 6th and East 89A. Marauders coach Brendon Kenney explained that the money raised will go to registration fees for meets, pool equipment and pool fees.
More like this story
- Marauders Serve Up Pasta for Dough
- New swim coach Brendon Kenney working Marauders toward qualifying
- Williams earns first automatic qualifier for Mingus at Craig Cummins, swimmer continue improvng
- Marauders swim team fortifies mental game for season
- Mingus swim shines at Brophy, nabs seven state qualifying provisional times