Following work by a Yavapai County Sheriff's detective and reporting deputies, 32-year-old James Allen Poelstra (aka "Jimmy Gold") was charged on April 30 with multiple counts of burglary and theft related crimes occurring in the Rimrock/Beaver Creek community. At the time he was charged, Poelstra was already in-custody in the Camp Verde Detention Center where he currently remains on a total bond of $56,500.
Over the last few weeks, detectives from the YCSO Criminal Investigations Bureau developed information regarding Poelstra's connection to burglaries in Rimrock. Detectives then sought and obtained a search warrant which was served in late April of this year at Poelstra's home in the 5200 block of Dave Wingfield Road, Rimrock. The search resulted in the recovery of a large amount of stolen property, including valuable mechanic and construction tools related to the following cases:
1. A report filed in January of 2014 by the owner of an automotive shop in the 3100 block of E. Beaver Creek Road, documented the theft of several expensive mechanics tools along with 4 car batteries taken from vehicles parked on the lot. A majority of the tools were recovered from Poelstra's home during the search.
2. In late March, 2014, YCSO deputies contacted a resident in the 4000 block of Pima Way, Rimrock, regarding a residential burglary. Stolen items included a 9mm handgun, 2 rings, and $300. The handgun was recovered as part of the investigative follow-up.
3. Also in late March of 2014, deputies completed a report involving the theft of a washer, dryer and water heater from an unoccupied home in the 4300 block of Waldron Road, Rimrock. The washer and dryer were recovered during the search warrant.
4. In early April, deputies were dispatched to the 4400 block of Roundup Road, Rimrock, for a residential burglary report. Assorted tools worth several thousand dollars were stolen. At least 7 of these tools were recovered from Poelstra's house during service of the search warrant.
5. In mid-April, deputies were called to the Ranch House Restaurant/Beaver Creek Golf course regarding a burglary from the maintenance yard. Items stolen and eventually recovered during the search at Poelstra's house included a bag of duck decoys, "Yamaha" keyboard, assorted hand tools, 2 air impact tools, air compressor, battery tester, tractor parts, etc. The initial loss was estimated at several thousand dollars. Entry into the yard was made by cutting locks on security gates.
Additional burglaries remain under investigation as to Poelstra's involvement.
Detectives are still seeking further information on this burglary spree, including the whereabouts of additional stolen property and/or other persons who may be involved in these crimes. Please contact Detective Todd Swaim at 928-554-8605 with any information. If the caller wishes to remain anonymous, please contact Yavapai Silent Witness at 1800-3-932-3232.