Mingus Union High School's soon to be graduating class of 2014 earned nearly $2.3 million in scholarships, up significantly from 2013's already impressive total of over $1.8 million.
Hundreds of scholarships were awarded, ranging from as little as a few hundred dollars to full-ride four-year scholarships at universities.
Superintendent Dr. Paul Tighe praised Mingus' students, stating, "These most impressive scholarships reflect the great leadership of Mingus' students; they are leaders in academics, athletics, arts, and character.
"We are very proud of our students and most appreciative of the generosity of many organizations and individuals who are creating opportunities for these students through these scholarships."
Students were recognized at an awards ceremony Monday night at Mingus.
More like this story
- Mingus students earn record $2.8 million in scholarships
- Mingus Union students earn $4.8 million in scholarships
- 'A Great Celebration' -- Mingus seniors prepare for graduation, commemorate scholarships and awards
- A Look Back at 2014 -- Mingus Union
- Mingus board closes out academic year, turns to '14-'15