The League of Women Voters Greater Verde Valley is hosting a forum on the Yavapai County Jail Tax to be held on Oct. 2.
Voters will have an opportunity hear the background, the proposal, the facts about this proposal, and some of the issues around this proposal such as housing those with mental health issues in jail. This is an information meeting and an opportunity to ask your questions about the sales tax proposal. The sales tax proposal is on the Nov. 4 election ballot.
The forum is on Oct. 2 from 7 to 8 p.m. at the Cottonwood Recreation Center, 150 So. Sixth Street, Cottonwood. It will be videotaped by Verde Valley TV for broadcast on Cable Channel 1, Suddenlink Channel 2 and at www.verdevalleytv.com.
The last day to register to vote for the General Election is Oct. 6.
Early Voting Begins: Oct. 9
Last Day to Request an Early Ballot by Mail: Oct. 24
Last Day to Vote Early in Person: Oct. 31
For more information about this forum for the Nov. 4 Election contact the League of WomenVoters Greater Verde Valley at email@example.com or on Facebook@LWGVV.
More like this story
- Candidates' Forum for Jerome Town Council planned Aug. 13
- League of Women Voters Candidates' Forum for Cottonwood City Council
- Cottonwood meeting Friday explains ballot questions
- Yavapai County voters face much more than November's 2012 general election
- Sheriff says new jail - not tents - only option