We are writing to your readers to endorse our maligned Town Council members Jessie Jones, Bruce George and Robin Whatley. It is our belief that these people have worked very hard to make Camp Verde a great community in which to live.
All of them have gone about performing their duties in a moral, ethical, legal and responsible manner and have worked hard within the parameters of the Council-Manager framework of government.
It is our opinion that the recall process was enacted to remove elected officials when they exhibit unethical or illegal behavior. It is not, in our opinion, to remove responsible, duly elected officials based on differing political and personal agendas.
The cost of this election pales in the face of opportunity costs to our Town because of the instability it conveys to prospective neighbors and businesses.
Steve and Diana Hopper
More like this story
- Wischmeyer turns in signed recall petitions, says she will run for Robin Whatley's spot on council
- Commentary: Civic engagement with civility in Camp Verde
- Commentary: The trickle-down effect of idealism
- UPDATE: Unofficial results show Charlie German ahead of Jackie Baker by 4 percent in Camp Verde mayoral race
- Camp Verde recall effort times out