The Verde Valley Advisory Committee for Yavapai College's District Governing Board has been meeting twice a month and getting presentations from a variety of providers and users of Yavapai College education classes.
We've heard from the Verde Valley district superintendents (with high schools in their districts), the Yavapai Apache Nations Council, the Dean of Career & Technology Education, the Executive Dean of the Verde campus, and the OLLI program.
Future meetings will include briefings from Verde Valley employers and economic development organizations, the Verde Academy for Career and Technology Education and other pertinent personnel from the College and the community.
At the March 3rd meeting of the Colleges District Governing Board, our committee chair, Paul Chevalier, requested that part of their budget action for capital improvements (found in the ten year plan) be postponed until a strategic plan be completed.
He also asked that the College strengthen their recruitment efforts throughout the Verde Valley schools and home schoolers to better educate them on what Yavapai College has to offer. We are also looking into what stands in the way of getting Yavapai College education to all its potential users.
I was selected for this committee to represent District 3's unincorporated communities.
Please contact me if you have any questions, suggestions or concerns. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 275 Lindsay Way, Sedona 86351, or 928-284-4638.
More like this story
- VVBAC has advice for Yavapai College District Governing Board
- Verde advisory group to review questionnaire findings; college board says no thanks to committee's analysis
- Committee regroups after board says no to separate admin college in Verde
- Dr. Perey to discuss strategic plan with college's advisory committee
- UPDATE: Dr. Perey, VVBAC to discuss strategic plan recommendations