Letter: If you voted for him, then Trump can be your president, but not mine

Editor:

Enough already! Enough with the surrogates explaining about what Trump “really meant.” Is he not a grown man capable of saying exactly what he means? Enough with my fellow Christians making excuses for their precious “baby Christian.” He may be a “baby Christian,” but he’s also a 70-year-old man. More than old enough to know right from wrong!

Enough with the editorials and commentators wearing themselves out trying to normalize this guy. He’s not normal.

Our new president can’t be bothered to attend daily security briefings, but is more than happy to make time for a chat with a rap singer. He won’t bother with press conferences, but loves to engage in petty tweetstorms.

He promised weeks ago to release his tax returns, and clear up our new first lady’s sketchy immigration history. Obviously, not gonna happen.

He promised to “drain the swamp,” but has so far only brought in his new, hand-picked alligators.

He claimed for months that the election was rigged. Now it appears that he was actually correct about that. But has changed his tune, disbelieving the mounting evidence, and encouraging his GOP lapdogs to obstruct any investigations. Gosh, I wonder why?

This is the guy you said you wanted, Trump voters. Hope you’re happy. But he will never, ever be my president. I won’t ever call him by that title.

Desiree Valenzuela

Cottonwood

Comments

Comments are not posted immediately. Submissions must adhere to our Use of Service Terms of Use agreement. Rambling or nonsensical comments may not be posted. Comment submissions may not exceed a 200 word limit, and in order for us to reasonably manage this feature we may limit excessive comment entries.

Habl2 3 weeks, 6 days ago

Great post, Desiree! I'm not writing him off completely yet, but it's a mystery to me how he became president. Makes me feel like "a stranger in a stranger land".

pattycake 3 weeks, 6 days ago

he lost the election by over 2 1/2 million votes. keep reminding people of that.

Deva1961 3 weeks, 5 days ago

Habl2, for what it's worth, I actually hope the guy turns out better than expected. I'd love to think that all that divisive, hateful rhetoric we've seen so far was in fact just a TV star doing what TV stars do- get people to notice and talk about him. I'd like to think that his "conversion" wasn't just an act to get Christians to vote for him. (but, truly, that's not mine to worry about. It's between him and God.) The time for him to start acting "presidential" was long ago. Maybe he'll decide to cowboy up.

Pattycake, yes indeed! We are NOT in the minority here. And there is strength in numbers.

I would urge all like-minded citizens to consider participating in a nationwide strike on Inauguration day. Stay home if you can, spend no money that day, don't tune in to watch the proceedings. Dissent is our right, and indeed our patriotic duty.

spontious 3 weeks, 5 days ago

Oh please...... What a bunch of cry babies. He's not your President? How precious. The fact of the matter is that come January 20th he will be your President whether you like it or not, and whether you accept that fact or not means absolutely squat. So do us all a favor and go to your "safe space" and don't peek your heads out for the next four years.

Deva1961 3 weeks, 4 days ago

Om January 20, he'll become our Tweeter In Chief, Annoying Orange. Hail!

Meanwhile, folks like you might consider getting their news from a source other than Breitbart...you've been lied to, pal. Bigly! Senior lapdog Newt Gingrich just told us all (on NPR) that the whole "drain the swamp" thing was a ploy to get your vote. Sadly, it worked.

Deva1961 3 weeks, 4 days ago

you know, spontious, every time someone like you calls me a crybaby, wimp, weenie etc, there's a question I wish I could ask you. A very simple, yes or no question. And that question is:

Have you ever been sexually assaulted?

If your answer is ANYTHING other than "yes", then you have NO right whatsoever to insult me or put me down for my being upset about this loathsome excuse for a man. Because if such a violation was in fact a part of your personal history, I absolutely GUARANTEE that you also would take huge offense at anyone who joked or boasted about committing such a crime. So take your superior attitude and stuff it.

GH 3 weeks, 3 days ago

I feel that we are the laughing stock of the world. We were traveling this last fall and the Danish could not believe we would nominate such a man. I agree with you Desiree Valenzuela, that it is hard to call him "my President". I clearly was respectful of George W. because of the office he held. I can no longer be respectful of the office. He does not represent my core values.

Deva1961 2 weeks, 6 days ago

I don't need the media- liberal or otherwise- to tell me what to think about this guy. Everything I know about Trump, he told me himself. Maya Angelou once said, "when people tell you who they are, believe them". A very wise lady, Ms Angelou.