Letter: Not ready to hand over federal government to California

Editor:

Ms. Valenzuela, you must have missed the headline stating Donald Trump was elected President of the United States. If you are a U.S. citizen, he is your president, like it or not. When Mr. Trump takes the Oath of Office next month, he will swear to defend the Constitution of the United States.

Your claim that the election was rigged is unfounded. Did the Russians release information hacked from the DNC and Podesta? Yes. Was there any denial of the validity of those e-mails? No. Did those e-mails hurt Clinton’s campaign? Decidedly so. So, shoot the messenger and ignore the message?

So, retire to your ‘safe room’, and in about 46 1/2 months, you can come out and vote again.

As for the ‘popular vote’ shouters, Clinton won California by about 3.5 million votes and Trump won the rest of the country by about 1 million. I for one am not ready to cede our federal government to California.

R.J. Luce

Cottonwood

Comments

Comments are not posted immediately. Submissions must adhere to our Use of Service Terms of Use agreement. Rambling or nonsensical comments may not be posted. Comment submissions may not exceed a 200 word limit, and in order for us to reasonably manage this feature we may limit excessive comment entries.

Deva1961 3 weeks, 5 days ago

So... California is unacceptable, but Moscow isn't? I don't have a "safe room". I'm not shutting up. And I'm not going away. I'm also according Trump the only title he has really earned so far. Tweeter In Chief, Annoying Orange. All Hail!

pattycake 3 weeks, 5 days ago

so you dont mind that the Russians had a hand in the election cause your guy won ? Russia taking over our government is better than those liberals in California ? you figure its OK do you ? just relax and maybe we won`t have any more elections ever again. dasvidaniya

Deva1961 3 weeks, 5 days ago

RJ, I will ask you the same question I have posed to another Trumpster who seems to enjoy belittling dissidents like me. It's a very simple, yes or no question-

Have you ever been sexually assaulted?

If your answer is ANYTHING other than "yes", you have NO right whatsoever to put me down or insult me for the apparently unforgivable crime of disavowing the loathsome, bottom-feeding slug that is YOUR president. Because, if you had ever been so violated, I can GUARANTEE you that you too would be beyond horrified by a person who could joke or boast of committing such a crime.

So you, too, can take your superior attitude and stuff it!

Sincerely, Desiree Valenzuela

yavapaires 3 weeks, 2 days ago

OK Democrats, It is time to get over it. When Obama was elected, I don't remember so much hate being spewed as I have heard in the past month and a half. Sure, it was not a popular win. I for one did not like it, but it was the way it was, and is today. I guess the ones doing the most crying, are the ones with the most to loose. Government freebies.

Deva1961 3 weeks ago

I will NEVER GET OVER IT. And I reserve the right to welcome and accept Trump to the same degree that he himself welcomed and accepted President Obama.

Deva1961 3 weeks ago

I will NOT get over it. I don't hate anyone. I don't care about "freebies". I do care deeply about the way certain of Trump's followers have taken his win as a license to abuse and hurt others.