Due to the economic struggles some of our families are experiencing many of the students in our Village are unable to start the new school year with proper school supplies.
The Village of Oak Creek Church of the Nazarene, Weber's IGA and Desert Flour Bakery are sponsoring a school supply collection for the students of Big Park Community School. If you would like to assist those in need by purchasing school supplies, there will be drop-off bins placed at Weber's IGA, Desert Flour Bakery and the Nazarene church from FRIDAY, JUNE 10TH TO FRIDAY, JUNE 24TH. You can find a list of needed school supplies attached to the bins or at vocnaz.org.
If you would prefer to donate funds you can go to vocnaz.org, click on "Donations" then designate the funds to "Back 2 School," or contact Pastor Jim at 702-810-4048.
Sunday, July 24, 3-5 p.m., students from Big Park Community School are invited to receive FREE backpacks and school supplies at the Village of Oak Creek Church of the Nazarene, located at 55 Rojo Drive, 86351, ¼ mile south of the Hilton roundabout. There will be free hot dogs and drinks available.
For more information, call 702-810-4048 or leave a message at 928-284-0015.
More like this story
- VOC church spearheads school supply drive
- School supply-backpack drive and back to school give-a-way in Village
- Community asked to step up for school supply/backpack drive
- Community comes together for school supply/backpack drive and back-to-school give-a-way
- Make an incredible difference in a person’s life -- donate a crisis care kit