As a long time resident of Cottonwood, I believe I can say with certainty that Diane Joens has done a great job as Mayor of Cottonwood. If one looks back on her accomplishments as Mayor that benefit all the residents of Cottonwood and surrounding Verde Valley, they become almost too numerous to mention. water, sewers, library, rec center, outstanding police and fire departments, a stable economy, respect from our neighbors and for that matter the whole state, and much more.
As she is interacting with other towns, cities and the state, she has become familiar with the workings of Yavapai County also. In this age of technology and rapid growth her experience is invaluable as she pursues the office of Yavapai County Supervisor.
On a whole different level, Diane has reached out to local trail enthusiasts, including hikers, bikers and equestrians in an effort to keep our city attractive to new residents and industry while at the same time trying to hold on to the "rural atmosphere" we all like so much.
The county is experiencing many of the same problems as the cities and towns. Let's elect our representative to the Board of Supervisors with the know-how and experience to continue great strides to provide a wonderful place to live.
More like this story
- It's official: Cottonwood mayor to seek office for Yavapai County Supervisor
- Garrison claims 1422-vote win over Joens in District 3 race
- Garrison claims 803-vote lead over Joens in District 3 supervisor race
- Mayor Diane Joens selected as 'Hometown Hero of the Month'
- 'Upside' makes Diane Joens best choice as Cottonwood mayor