COTTONWOOD – Merkin Vineyards Osteria, a tasting room owned by Maynard James Keenan, is slated to open Nov. 25 in Old Town.
Keenan said the tasting room will be unique from other tasting rooms in the area because it features a full kitchen. Homemade pasta and gnocchi will be made on-site, and locally grown fresh produce will be used in the culinary creations.
Most of the kitchen’s fruits and veggies will come from Merkin Vineyards gardens and orchards.
Keenan’s popular line of Arizona wine will be available for tasting. For more information about the wines offered, visit https://caduceus.org/.
The multitasking musician and winemaker said he asked around before taking on the venture, and received advice from local restaurant owners such as the Jurisins. Keenan said about 32 jobs were created for the tasting room and osteria.
Merkin Vineyards Osteria is located at 1001 N. Main St.
More like this story
- A stroll through Old Town Cottonwood
- Caduceus Cellars, Merkin Vineyards establish new Velvet Slippers Club
- Merkin Vineyards Tasting Room & Osteria requests shade structure for patio
- Arizona rock star winemakers host grand opening of tasting room in Cottonwood
- Wine-themed pasta bar coming to Old Town Cottonwood