I have an idea to offer to our Mayor, Diane Joens. Ms Joens, you and I live in the same neighborhood. A pleasant, reasonably quiet place, wouldn’t you agree?
Here is my idea. I present it to you knowing full well that I, and my family, would be affected just as much as you and yours. Next year, let’s make Thunder Valley Rally a block party! That’s right, here in our own nice, peaceful, pleasant part of town.
We’ll block off the streets, allow motorcycle parking only, lots of beer outlets, loud, rocking, late-night concerts (I especially like that part!) porta-potties everywhere, all of it.
The whole kit-n-caboodle. You, and I, and all our family and friends can enjoy the firsthand experience of TVR, exactly the same way that the merchants and residents of Old Town have done for some years now.
Won’t it be fun? How about it?
More like this story
- Tempers flare as Old Town merchants go head-to-head with each other and city over Thunder Valley Rally location
- Letter: Successful event planning will benefit both Clarkdale, Cottonwood
- Mayor, council plan series of 'coffee talks'
- Letter: Thunder Valley Rally is the best event of the year
- Coffee talk with Mayor Joens April 22