The projected increases in insurance premiums of 25 percent in the coming year for the (ACA), Affordable Care Act have been broadcast in the print, radio and television media.
Fortunately, people who could not get health insurance prior to the ACA can now get health insurance. Unfortunately, health insurance premiums went up for some due to the ACA.
The only way out of this dilemma is to remove the profit motive from health care by eliminating the health insurance industry and go to a single payer system that guarantees health care for all American citizens.
Free market economics driven by the desire for economic profit have no place in an industry critical as critical to basic needs such as health care.
A single payer system is the only moral, ethical, and practical system to supply basic health care needs.
More like this story
- McSally Ahead of the Curve on Obamacare
- McCain Wrong On Health Care
- My Turn: Affordable Care Act provides critically important health services for women
- Letter: It’s the GOP that has prevented government from negotiating lower drug prices
- Study: Arizona is 2017’s fifth least affected state by ACA repeal