Letter: Despite election results, Trump ‘Not My President’

Despite election results, Trump ‘Not My President’

Editor:

The “Not My President “ protesters have a legitimate case. Our past presidents were people who showed respect to our country, to our people, to our values and to our diversity.

They have been good and decent people with integrity. Trump does not have those qualities.

To my fellow sane Americans, right now the Trump supporters don’t believe anything they’ve been told about him. They didn’t care about his lewd and crude behavior. They will have to find out on their own just what he is. People don’t like to be made fools of so his followers will eventually be more angry than we are.

So, this 70-year-old white college educated female is in total support of all peaceful protesting. Along with that, start working and volunteering to organizations to protect the freedoms and rights that Trump will try to strip away.

Cindy Harms, Cottonwood

Comments

Comments are not posted immediately. Submissions must adhere to our Use of Service Terms of Use agreement. Rambling or nonsensical comments may not be posted. Comment submissions may not exceed a 200 word limit, and in order for us to reasonably manage this feature we may limit excessive comment entries.

Deva1961 1 year, 10 months ago

This 54 year old, straight white Christian woman thanks you. I guess I'm what they call a "flaming liberal". I'm okay with that.

Desiree Valenzuela

Lonecowboy 1 year, 10 months ago

Cindy you know that for sure?....."and rights that Trump will try to strip away." Cindy what is the penalty for inciting a riot? Apparently there is none if you are a Hillary supporter. It's business as usual in the Democratic Camp. Rioting to protest the duly elected President is displaying a disdain for the Constitution and the American flag. The SOP of the previous Administration. An insult to the constitution is an insult to all those who fought and died to preserve the way of life they enjoy. A life which is virtually free since their college education is paid for with Pell Grants and their parents hard earned money. These ungrateful brats never heard of Pork Chop Hill, Chosen Reservoir or Hacksaw Ridge and probably couldn't locate Normandy on the map. That makes them senseless slaves to Fascists and they don't even know it.. Another fighting man should not have to die to defend this trash.

Deva1961 1 year, 10 months ago

One question, if I may. Do you also condemn the vandalism of houses of worship (including Christian churches), private and public property, and the hate-filled rhetoric, threats, and actual violence committed by certain members of Mr Trump's fan base? I'm not trying to be snarky. This is a legitimate question.

Deva1961 1 year, 10 months ago

Mr L? Hello? What about the violence, actual and threatened, by members of the Trump fanbase? What do you suppose would have happened, had Trump lost? Would all those self-proclaimed militiamen have set down their assault rifles, and gone home quietly? How about the people who were planning an actual armed insurrection, a civil war? Those are your people sir. Own them!

nastywoman2 1 year, 10 months ago

Lonecowboy, My 2 time purple heart recipient dad of the WWII 101st airborne would completely disagree with you. Every generation has its misfits including yours, but young people absolutely loved my dad because he saw & sought out the good in them. Trump advocated, promoted & validated all the hate, harassment & racism that has been on an alarming increase ever since he began his campaign. As I said before, I support all PEACEFUL protests. Our constitution gives us that freedom & right. As for the trump motto "Lets Make America Great Again" what he & his supporters are really saying is "Lets Make America White Again". All these people make me sick to my stomach! I'm so embarrassed & ashamed of our country right now. We can't respect trump as a man let alone as a President. But, the one positive side is that at least the majority of the people in this country picked Hillary.

Deva1961 1 year, 9 months ago

Not just a majority, a big, fat, two-million-and counting majority! Proof positive that not everyone fell for the con man and his web of lies.

4voters 1 year, 6 months ago

I agree with trump, the election was rigged and he lost. Evidence is that he is a puppet deep in debt to Russia. Do a story about that.