Monday, the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) named former Mingus Union High School standout Jordan Bramblett, now a sophomore at Embry Riddle University, to the 2016 NAIA All American team in men’s cross country.
Bramblett, Mingus class of 2015, was awarded All American status by finishing among the top 30 in the men’s and women’s races at the 2016 NAIA Cross Country Championships this past weekend in Elsah, Illinois. Only two sophomores and three freshmen runners were named to this year’s NAIA All American team.
Bramblett finished 29th individually (18th in team scoring) in Saturday’s National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics 61st annual men’s cross country championship in Elsah, Illinois.
Bramblett covered the 8-kilometer course (4.97 miles) in 25:13 to lead Embry Riddle to a 20th-place team finish. Bramblett finished 29th among 331 runners.
More like this story
- National Champions! NAU men’s cross country team wins NCAA cross country title
- Mingus runners open season in one of state's toughest races
- Cottonwood Aftershock runner Allyson Arellano wins 4th consecutive Arizona Junior Olympic Cross Country title
- Mingus runners test mettle against state's elite in Desert Twilight Invitational
- Flagstaff again dominant in Northland prep cross country