The United States is a land of plenty. From uneaten leftovers to spoiled produce, as a country we throw away millions of pounds of food waste annually. Yet, here in Yavapai County, as many as one out of three children, one out of five adults, and one out of seven seniors are food insecure.
The Yavapai Food Council is active in positively impacting these numbers. During 2015, the Food Council assisted in distributing 642,515 meals across Yavapai County.
By supporting the Yavapai Food Council, we can help increase these numbers to make sure that our Yavapai residents have available food sources that are local. During this time of year when we are reflecting back on 2016 and considering making our charitable donations, please consider making a contribution of time-we are looking for volunteers- to become a neighborhood coordinator to organize food donation drives, or consider making an Arizona Tax credit donation. Contact the food council at www.YavapaiFoodCouncil.org or www.YavapaiFoodNeighborsProject.org for more information or call 928-254-8172.
Yavapai Food Council
More like this story
- Yavapai Hunger: The little acknowledged priority
- Leadership transition for Yavapai Food Council
- Nothing goes to waste and no one goes hungry thanks to Cornucopia Community Advocate
- Yavapai Food Council announces 2014 meal distribution results
- Food Council report shows just how much the Verde Valley cares