CAMP VERDE – Robert S. Moore was arrested Sept. 30 after an investigation revealed that he allegedly stole and pawned $10,100 worth of company tools, according to a news release from Camp Verde Marshall’s Office.
CVMO said with the assistance of Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office, it was discovered that during his employment with Southwest Tank and Steel, Moore began stealing and selling company-owned tools to numerous pawn shops in the Phoenix area.
Moore also purchased some items with a company credit card and immediately pawned them, according to the release, and the investigation led to the discovery of 38 separate pawn shop transactions.
Moore was arrested Sept. 30 and charges with 25 counts theft, 25 counts trafficking in stolen property, fraud schemes, and fraudulent use of a credit card, according to CVMO.
More like this story
- Police arrest 3 suspects for allegedly stealing dirt bikes, ATV
- Camp Verde man arrested following two vehicle thefts in Sedona
- YCSO detention officer arrested for stealing inmate money
- CV couple accused of torturing daughter rearrested on fraud and theft charges
- House-sitting family friend accused of stealing $15K in valuables