It’s disturbing that a small group of people think it’s acceptable to sneak this National Monument issue through in the 11th hour. The article in Friday’s newspaper explains the process for monument designation as: “..the process begins with local activity and culminates in the public asking the President...” The “public” is not asking for this.
The public has already spoken on this issue and was overwhelmingly against it. The public was not given the opportunity to examine and comment on the revised plan. How can this steering committee justify its action?
More like this story
- Area leaders, citizens react to National Monument news
- Racism, or history? More than 100 Confederate symbols removed in past three years nationwide, but none in Arizona
- Letter: Was Dr. Hargrove treated fairly by Mingus School Board?
- Sedona-Red Rock National Monument proposal submitted
- Game & Fish ‘eagle cam’ to debut in December