With the recently announced move to the Cottonwood Chamber of Commerce to 849 Cove Road, now is time to improve the intersection of SR 89A & SR260 by acquisition of the old building site by either purchase or by eminent domain in order to build an over-and-under bridge to ensure a continuous flow of traffic for the foreseeable future.
To properly build out the intersection now, rather than having to acquire whatever is built on the old chamber site in the future, makes little sense to this citizen. Let us hope that the powers that be will, in their combined wisdom, consider this opportunity to improve safety that is available now.
Payment of whatever is demanded makes economic sense.
Samuel W. Morey
More like this story
- Cottonwood Chamber celebrates its new home with mixer
- New home for Cottonwood Chamber of Commerce
- Plan calls for Starbucks to be located in former Cottonwood Chamber building
- Council tables Chamber liaison<br><i>Legal help sought for condemnation</i>
- Cottonwood’s Problem Intersection: SR 89A, SR260 priority for infrastructure bill