This is not the first time that the Verde Valey Fire Department has come to my rescue. In fact, in the years that I have lived in Cornville, I have found it necessary to call several times for rattlesnake retrieval. One snake rescued from our yard made the front page of the newspaper some years ago.
Last year, my small dog was bitten in the face because we didn’t find the snake first. She spent three days and two nights in the hospital with I.V. running morphine and two vials of anti-venom. This evening she found another snake. Fortunately she just let me know that it was there as she pretended to be a pointer.
I am so fortunate to have the Fire Department in sight of my house and they were here in three minutes. I thank all the firemen that serve our community and today I specifically thank Mathew, Danny and Ivan.
You are my heroes. You gave me a great sense of relief. Thanks for coming.
More like this story
- Letter: They're true professionals, and a friend when you need one
- Open-door fire chief closes chapter in Verde Valley
- Letter: They are heroes even when they are not being heroes
- Popular in life, 'croc hunter' Steve Irwin offers important lesson in death
- Letter: Thanks to great neighbors and great firemen