First, kudos to Rudy Rodriquez for his excellent presentation of a very complex issue. Second, another kudos to Jennifer Kucich for her excellent reporting of the details presented.
Now, a great big raspberry to the City Council for the proposed sacrificing of two vital police officer positions to make way for the $150,000 City funding of the Thunder Valley Rally. Yes, I appreciate the need for the City to support events that provide exposure to the City by many divergent groups for economic purposes.
Yes, I know that four members of the Council voted to support this year’s Rally, but they forgot to discuss what had to be sacrificed in the City budget to fund this event.
This just does not compute. It is time we start recruiting responsible replacements for these Council members at the next election.
More like this story
- Letter: Wise decision by Cottonwood; dubious judgment at Mingus Union
- Commentary: Connecting the dots between Thunder Valley Rally, Cottonwood Police Dept.
- Cottonwood City Council approves budget, Old Town condominiums, compromises on Thunder Valley Rally
- Verde Valley News Roundup: Annexation Public Hearing
- Cottonwood restores two police officer positions