Prosecutor Patti Wortman asked the court to dismiss the sexual exploitation case against Ruairi John Moore, a resident of Cottonwood, on Monday.
The court date was scheduled to be a pretrial conference. Instead Wortman informed the court that the state had been unsuccessful in attempts to locate and contact the alleged victim in the case, rendering the prosecution unable to proceed to trial.
Judge Michael R. Bluff dismissed the case and released Moore of all charges. Twelve counts of charges related to exploitation of a minor were dropped.
More like this story
- Man charged with 12 counts of sexual exploitation on plea deadline
- Cramp, charged with continuous sexual abuse, rejects plea deal
- Man accused of sexual exploitation to be back in court September
- Man charged with sexual abuse given three weeks to decide on plea deal
- State drops sex exploitation case against Carl Cameron