“He knew what he signed up for” is a very insensitive, disrespectful and callous statement to make to a grieving soldier’s spouse.
The lack of empathy was made all the worse because the comment was made by the commander-in-chief of the armed forces who should be exhibiting empathy, sensitivity, respect and honor for any military personnel killed in the line of duty.
More like this story
- Letter: Wrong to assume president’s statement is ‘insensitive’
- Trump ‘Pocahontas’ remark overshadows Code Talkers event
- Letter: There was time when pro athletes left playing field to fight for our country
- Editorial: Rep. Stringer badly misses mark on ‘apology tour’
- ASU journalism school revokes lifetime achievement award given Charlie Rose