COTTONWOOD -- Dr. Daniel Bright School in Verde Village was on temporary lockdown Wednesday morning following a phone call about a possible homicide, according to Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office Media Relations Coordinator Dwight D’Evelyn.
There was no homicide, and the person who made the call was determined to be mentally ill, said D’Evelyn.
“The mentally ill person was eventually located on 4th Street by Cottonwood PD,” said D’Evelyn.
“All students are safe. That always comes first,” said Cottonwood-Oak Creek Superintendent Steve King.
More like this story
- Cottonwood-Oak Creek Superintendent says he is ‘pleased’ with first month of school realignment
- Cottonwood-Oak Creek board sets boundaries for realigned schools
- King gets overwhelming support from teachers on co-principal plan
- UPDATE: Dr. Daniel Bright teacher arrested for alleged sex with 17-year-old boy
- Cottonwood-Oak Creek considers boundaries for proposed K-8 merger