Mingus Union’s scholar athlete award tradition continued this year.
On Mar. 24 at the National Football Foundation 2018 Scholar Athlete Banquet, seniors Justin Link and Jordan Huey were honored.
Link won a $5,000 scholarship from the Fiesta Bowl and Huey was recognized by the Talking Stick Resort for Native American excellence in football and academics.
Over the summer, Link won a STEM scholarship from the National Naval Officers Association at the football camp the Marauders went to.
Link and Huey are the 15th and 16th Marauder football players to honored at the banquet since 2003.
More like this story
- Galloway recognized as a top football scholar athlete
- Zielinski, Link win United States Marines Distinguished Athlete Award
- Upham honored as "Top 22 Scholar Athlete in Arizona"
- Mingus Union athletes of the year: Football and baseball’s Link enjoys dream senior season
- Mingus football senior Justin Link wins STEM scholarship