COTTONWOOD – Runner-up earlier this year to Kelli Rhoda for the principalship at Mountain View Preparatory, Nayadin Persaud has been chosen by Cottonwood-Oak Creek School District Superintendent Steve King to become the next principal at Oak Creek School in Cornville.
Subject to approval by the district’s governing board, Persaud would succeed Christine Griffin, who resigned, effective June 8.
Persaud, who taught kindergarten at Oak Creek School in 2016-2017, teaches fifth grade this year at Mountain View Preparatory.
King said Thursday that Persaud was one of four candidates to interview for the opening at Oak Creek, and the position’s only internal candidate.
The board will meet at 5:30 p.m. May 1.
At 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 1, the Cottonwood-Oak Creek School District’s governing board will meet at the District Office, located at 1 N. Willard St. in Cottonwood.
A copy of the agenda will be made available no later than 24 hours prior to the meeting. The agenda can be found at www.boarddocs.com/az/cocsd/Board.nsf/vpublic?open.
Call 928-634-2288 for more information.
-- Follow Bill Helm on Twitter @BillHelm42
More like this story
- New Oak Creek principal strives for empowerment, collaboration
- New names, new places, new faces at Cottonwood-Oak Creek
- Kelli Rhoda to replace retiring principal at Mountain View Preparatory
- C-OC school board expected to approve teacher placement with ASU’s principal internship program
- Cottonwood-Oak Creek District recognizes STEM Fair winners