Attorneys for Mingus Union High School and the pro-consolidation Committee for Better Upper Verde Valley Schools reached a settlement Friday in Yavapai County Superior Court that cancels the November consolidation election, but encourages the two sides to work together to craft petition language for a future effort on a merger of the Cottonwood-Oak Creek and Mingus Union school districts.
More like this story
- Neighborly compromise: No consolidation election in November
- Video: Pro-consolidation group responds to Mingus settlement agreement
- Editorial: Judge Mackey the clear winner in latest consolidation battle
- Judge Mackey accepts change to consolidation ruling as Mingus Union votes 5-to-0 to retain right to oppose merger
- Cottonwood-Oak Creek should proceed with caution on consolidation talks with Mingus Union