Tuzigoot National Monument (seen here) is closed because of the government shutdown that began at the stroke of midnight Friday after a Senate spending bill failed. Montezuma Castle National Monument and Montezuma Well are closed as well. It is unknown when they will reopen.
Tuzigoot National Monument is located at 25 Tuzigoot Rd. in Clarkdale. Montezuma Castle National Monument is located at Montezuma Castle Road in Camp Verde. Montezuma Well is located at Forest Service Rd 618 in Rimrock.
More like this story
- Verde Valley national monuments reopen Tuesday
- Government Shutdown: National Parks, local residents, affected by Antideficiency Act
- Pavement preservation project underway at Montezuma, Tuzigoot
- Federal Shutdown Hits Home: At Montezuma Castle, Tuzigoot, closed gates disappoint visitors, worries businesses
- Furlough fallout: Partial government shutdown enters fifth week