VERDE VALLEY – Tuzigoot National Monument (seen here), Montezuma Castle National Monument, and Montezuma Well reopened Tuesday morning with the ending of the federal government shutdown.
These national monuments closed because of the government shutdown that began at the stroke of midnight Friday after a Senate spending bill failed.
More like this story
- Tuzigoot, Montezuma close during government shutdown
- Federal Shutdown Hits Home: At Montezuma Castle, Tuzigoot, closed gates disappoint visitors, worries businesses
- Government Shutdown: National Parks, local residents, affected by Antideficiency Act
- Editorial: Local government already feeling heat of federal government shutdown
- Furlough fallout: Partial government shutdown enters fifth week