COTTONWOOD – At 4 p.m. Thursday, the district governing board of Valley Academy for Career and Technology Education is expected to declare a position on the possible consolidation between Mingus Union and the Cottonwood-Oak Creek school districts.
By 5 p.m. Aug. 1, a consolidation pamphlet will be provided to Valley Academy – VACTE – by Yavapai County School Superintendent Tim Carter.
Carter’s office will also provide that consolidation brochure to the Cottonwood-Oak Creek, Mingus Union and Clarkdale-Jerome school districts.
The Valley Academy district governing board will meet at 3405 E. SR 89A, unit B in Cottonwood.
A copy of the agenda is available at the Valley Academy website, located at http://www.vacte.com/agendas-1.html.
Agendas are posted online within 24 hours of the scheduled meeting.
More like this story
- Verde Valley school boards to take position on possible consolidation
- New plan holds VACTE harmless with consolidation
- Consolidation questions, yes; consolidation answers, no
- School boards add, change, clarify draft consolidation pamphlet
- First-draft legislation would allow consolidated school district to inherit VACTE service