Mingus Union seniors racked up almost $4.5 million in scholarships and Marauder athletes earned a lot of that.
Some scholarships of note include the Arizona Spirit Scholarship, which went to soccer player Ezekiel Behlow, the BBB Ethical Athlete Scholarship to cross country and track and field’s Hannah DeVore and the Mary Hughes Memorial Award, to tennis player Pei-Wen Yang.
Football and baseball player Justin Link and volleyball, basketball and softball player Nikki Zielinski won the United States Marines Distinguished Athlete Award Link.
“That was really cool,” Zielinski said. “I talked to Justin and he didn’t know what it was about. It was an honor.”
More like this story
- Mingus Union athletes of the year: After transferring from Sedona, Zielinski led three teams
- Mingus Union athletes of the year: Football and baseball’s Link enjoys dream senior season
- Marauders Link and Huey honored at National Football Foundation banquet
- Mingus football senior Justin Link wins STEM scholarship
- Five Mingus softball players earn All-Grand Canyon honors