Paul and Sue Lidbeck of Clarkdale celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary on March 23, 2017. They were married in Huntington Park, CA in 1957.
Hailee Marie Spruel was born February 6, 2017, 2:02 a.m., at the Loma Linda University Medical Center, Murrieta California.
Verde Valley Fire District firefighter Ivan Anderson was presented with the Game Changer Award by the Verde Valley Matforce Steering Committee.
Liz and Rich Reynolds, Seattle, and and Wendy Wilson and Jim Cutbirth of Cornville have announced the engagement and September wedding of Melanie Cutbirth and Chris Reynolds, both of Seattle.
Cindy and Mel Harms of Cottonwood, AZ celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on February 10th 2017 in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Kendall Brooke Kipena was born Monday, January 30, 2017, 2:49 a.m. at Verde Valley Medical Center.
Webelos Scout Conor Steidl was awarded with a National award for lifesaving and meritorious action. These are given on a national level only for outstanding and unusual acts that demonstrate heroism, skill, or bravery and reflect Scouting ideals.
Faustino and Judith Estrada of Cottonwood celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary this month.
Lucian Chad Sears was born Jan. 27, 2017, 7:30 a.m., at Verde Valley Medical Center in Cottonwood.
The Valley Academy of Career and Technical Education governing board recently recognized students from Camp Verde, Mingus and Sedona-Red Rock high schools as its Jones Ford/VACTE December 2016 Student of the Month Winners.
The Cottonwood Roadrunners Square Dance Club finished up their fall schedule with a celebration for their most recent dancers completing the class.
Mount Hope Foods held its annual holiday concert, A Circle of Friends, directed by John Zeigler.
Woodrow Wyatt Banuelos was born Nov. 23, 2016, at 3:18 a.m., at Verde Valley Medical Center.
Bob Weir, far left, superintendent of Valley Academy for Career and Technical Education, and Steve Dockray, far right, VACTE Governing Board President, recognize Jones Ford-VACTE November Student of the Month winners at the board’s Nov. 30 meeting in Cottonwood.
Valley Academy for Career and Technical Education swears in returning board member Steve Pike, and new board members Frank Vander Horst, and Jeff Wassell, from left, at the Nov. 30 meeting in Cottonwood. (Courtesy photo)
Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Selna of Clarkdale, AZ are pleased to announce the engagement of their daughter, Gabrielle, to Faruk Kıroğlu, son of Mr. and Mrs. Nuri Kıroğlu of Istanbul, Turkey.
After reading an article in the Verde Independent concerning the efforts of Angie’s House, St. Thomas Church decided to take some action and donate $1,000 to Angie Lozano to aid her efforts in helping people discover the joy and sober living.
Winners, from left are Sedona-Red Rock High School junior Brian Burke, Mingus Union High School senior Josh Wheeler and Camp Verde High School junior Nicolas Daniels.
Jasper Aleczander Ivkovich was born Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 11:43 a.m., at Verde Valley Medical Center.
Harper Raen Selman was born Tuesday, July 12, 2016, 12:21 p.m., at Verde Valley Medical Center.
This month’s Hometown Hero award goes to Julie Robins, Activity Director at Sedona Winds Independent Retirement Community, for her dedication and longtime efforts in supporting the Alzheimer’s Association in trying to bring awareness to the more than 5 million Americans that are living with Alzheimer’s.
The Rotary Club of the Verde Valley presented Samual Maynard students with its prestigious Rotary Student Ambassador of the Month award on October 13, 2016 at Nate’s Cowboy Café.
The Rotary Club of the Verde Valley presented three students with the organization’s prestigious Rotary Student Ambassador of the Month.
Grant Duane Badger was born Thursday, August 18, 2016 at Verde Valley Medical Center. Grant weighed 8 pounds, 4 ounces and was 18 3/4 inches tall.
The Rotary Club of the Verde Valley held an induction ceremony at Nate’s Cowboy Café on October 6, 2016 for three new members.
- Plans stall for ATV rentals on Bill Gray Road
- Court docket: March 19, 2017
- Mom arrested for giving kids marijuana gummy candy gets 6 months in jail, lifetime probation
- City Council delays review of city manager
- Obituary: Robert Roy Fanning
- Pair involved in deadly Camp Verde Circle K shooting set for pretrial conferences
- March 31 sentencing set for man who killed his mother
- Two people sent to hospital following semi-truck, trailer rollover on I-17
- Editorial: Collins’ case has become exercise in delaying justice
- Jerome mayor’s open forums allow him to hear residents’ expectations for community
- One person dead after attempting creek crossing
- Jerome’s historic Cuban Queen Bordello collapses
- Man who lost life in flood waters identified
- Body discovered beneath Sedona’s Midgley Bridge
- UPDATE: Submerged vehicle in Beaver Creek; status of bodies unknown
- Hotel, expanded retail offerings planned for VOC outlet mall
- Convenience store newest retail offering in Old Town Cottonwood
- Court docket: March 19, 2017
- Court Docket: March 5, 2017
- Project to transform Masonic Lodge into winery, tasting room, restaurant moves forward