Verde Valley Fire District firefighter Ivan Anderson was presented with the Game Changer Award by the Verde Valley Matforce Steering Committee.
Webelos Scout Conor Steidl was awarded with a National award for lifesaving and meritorious action. These are given on a national level only for outstanding and unusual acts that demonstrate heroism, skill, or bravery and reflect Scouting ideals.
The Valley Academy of Career and Technical Education governing board recently recognized students from Camp Verde, Mingus and Sedona-Red Rock high schools as its Jones Ford/VACTE December 2016 Student of the Month Winners.
The Cottonwood Roadrunners Square Dance Club finished up their fall schedule with a celebration for their most recent dancers completing the class.
Mount Hope Foods held its annual holiday concert, A Circle of Friends, directed by John Zeigler.
Bob Weir, far left, superintendent of Valley Academy for Career and Technical Education, and Steve Dockray, far right, VACTE Governing Board President, recognize Jones Ford-VACTE November Student of the Month winners at the board’s Nov. 30 meeting in Cottonwood.
Valley Academy for Career and Technical Education swears in returning board member Steve Pike, and new board members Frank Vander Horst, and Jeff Wassell, from left, at the Nov. 30 meeting in Cottonwood. (Courtesy photo)
After reading an article in the Verde Independent concerning the efforts of Angie’s House, St. Thomas Church decided to take some action and donate $1,000 to Angie Lozano to aid her efforts in helping people discover the joy and sober living.
Winners, from left are Sedona-Red Rock High School junior Brian Burke, Mingus Union High School senior Josh Wheeler and Camp Verde High School junior Nicolas Daniels.
This month’s Hometown Hero award goes to Julie Robins, Activity Director at Sedona Winds Independent Retirement Community, for her dedication and longtime efforts in supporting the Alzheimer’s Association in trying to bring awareness to the more than 5 million Americans that are living with Alzheimer’s.
The Rotary Club of the Verde Valley presented Samual Maynard students with its prestigious Rotary Student Ambassador of the Month award on October 13, 2016 at Nate’s Cowboy Café.
The Rotary Club of the Verde Valley presented three students with the organization’s prestigious Rotary Student Ambassador of the Month.
The Rotary Club of the Verde Valley held an induction ceremony at Nate’s Cowboy Café on October 6, 2016 for three new members.
COTTONWOOD -- You are invited to a "Music in the Garden" event at the Green Garden Café, right next to Old Town Center for the Arts, at Fifth Street and Main, in Old Town Cottonwood.
We're concerned here with a couple who were college sweethearts and have been living together in the 10 or so years since.
- Court docket: March 19, 2017
- Cottonwood crime by the numbers
- Obituary: Chelsey Camponeschi Barnwell
- Convenience store newest retail offering in Old Town Cottonwood
- Court Docket: March 15, 2017
- Two people sent to hospital following semi-truck, trailer rollover on I-17
- RV trailer destroyed in Clarkdale fire
- Suspected felon flees after I-17 rollover near Camp Verde
- Four patients transported after head-on collision near Sonic Monday
- Making babies at Out of Africa
- One person dead after attempting creek crossing
- Jerome’s historic Cuban Queen Bordello collapses
- Man who lost life in flood waters identified
- Caregiver arrested after allegedly stealing $190K from elderly Sedona woman
- Body discovered beneath Sedona’s Midgley Bridge
- Motorhome and pickup truck collide head-on
- Obituary: Lance Taylor 1970-2017
- Rimrock man dies from rollover crash on Montezuma Well Road
- UPDATE: Submerged vehicle in Beaver Creek; status of bodies unknown
- Hotel, expanded retail offerings planned for VOC outlet mall