PVT Lucas Svoboda will complete the first three phases of military police training at the 787th Military Police Battalion -- Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri, in August.
Clarkdale Deputy Town Clerk Mary Ellen Dunn has received her Certified Municipal Clerk designation. To earn the CMC designation, a Municipal Clerk must attend extensive education programs and requires pertinent experience in a municipality.
During Friday’s Verde Valley Leadership Class XI graduation ceremonies at the Verde Valley Senior Center, two local young women were honored with the “Patty May Open Your Heart to Youth Scholarships”
The Camp Verde Senior Center is happy to name Shirley O’Conner as the Volunteer of the Month for the month of July.
On Wednesday, June 21, 2017 the Red Hat Ladies, “Old Towne Gals of Cottonwood” got together at the Grasshopper Grill in Cornville to celebrate the birthdays of Shirley Wright and Joanne Hale.
Tyler Lewis receives scholarship award from Ron Black, chair of Mountain View United Methodist Church’s Scholarship Fund Committee.
COTTONWOOD -- Verde Valley Fire District has announced the promotion of Spencer Young from Firefighter to Engineer.
Verde Valley Fire District firefighter Ivan Anderson was presented with the Game Changer Award by the Verde Valley Matforce Steering Committee.
Webelos Scout Conor Steidl was awarded with a National award for lifesaving and meritorious action. These are given on a national level only for outstanding and unusual acts that demonstrate heroism, skill, or bravery and reflect Scouting ideals.
The Valley Academy of Career and Technical Education governing board recently recognized students from Camp Verde, Mingus and Sedona-Red Rock high schools as its Jones Ford/VACTE December 2016 Student of the Month Winners.
The Cottonwood Roadrunners Square Dance Club finished up their fall schedule with a celebration for their most recent dancers completing the class.
Mount Hope Foods held its annual holiday concert, A Circle of Friends, directed by John Zeigler.
Bob Weir, far left, superintendent of Valley Academy for Career and Technical Education, and Steve Dockray, far right, VACTE Governing Board President, recognize Jones Ford-VACTE November Student of the Month winners at the board’s Nov. 30 meeting in Cottonwood.
Valley Academy for Career and Technical Education swears in returning board member Steve Pike, and new board members Frank Vander Horst, and Jeff Wassell, from left, at the Nov. 30 meeting in Cottonwood. (Courtesy photo)
After reading an article in the Verde Independent concerning the efforts of Angie’s House, St. Thomas Church decided to take some action and donate $1,000 to Angie Lozano to aid her efforts in helping people discover the joy and sober living.
Winners, from left are Sedona-Red Rock High School junior Brian Burke, Mingus Union High School senior Josh Wheeler and Camp Verde High School junior Nicolas Daniels.
This month’s Hometown Hero award goes to Julie Robins, Activity Director at Sedona Winds Independent Retirement Community, for her dedication and longtime efforts in supporting the Alzheimer’s Association in trying to bring awareness to the more than 5 million Americans that are living with Alzheimer’s.
The Rotary Club of the Verde Valley presented Samual Maynard students with its prestigious Rotary Student Ambassador of the Month award on October 13, 2016 at Nate’s Cowboy Café.
The Rotary Club of the Verde Valley presented three students with the organization’s prestigious Rotary Student Ambassador of the Month.
The Rotary Club of the Verde Valley held an induction ceremony at Nate’s Cowboy Café on October 6, 2016 for three new members.
COTTONWOOD -- You are invited to a "Music in the Garden" event at the Green Garden Café, right next to Old Town Center for the Arts, at Fifth Street and Main, in Old Town Cottonwood.
We're concerned here with a couple who were college sweethearts and have been living together in the 10 or so years since.
- Counterfeit money circulating in Verde Valley
- 5 haunted dwellings of the Verde Valley
- 1,445 miles in 14 days: Verde Valley man journeys to Iowa hometown by bicycle
- Arson suspect arrested in Rimrock
- Major issue in Clarkdale soil remediation project: Where will they put the dirt?
- Crazy Tony’s helps an Old Town neighbor during opening
- Mingus Union Business Manager Kirk Waddle resigns
- Obituary: Curtis Robert Colony
- Highway stop uncovers marijuana edibles packaged similar to children’s cereal
- Detectives nab 89-year-old accused of using stolen identity for 28 years
- Detectives arrest 7 during drug bust
- Restaurant roundup: What’s new, what’s coming soon, what’s just a rumor
- Police arrest man after bloody fight
- Sedona man gets 120 years in prison for possessing, distributing child pornography
- Man already indicted for murder now faces murder-for-hire charges
- Obituary: Kenyon Lee Evans
- 1 person, 1 dog die in car fire
- Sheriff wants Verde Valley off limits to sex trafficking
- Counterfeit money circulating in Verde Valley
- BMW driver fires handgun during road rage incident